Relaxing, swimming, sunbathing, sleeping in, staying up late, shopping, mid-day napping, cocktails, outdoor adventures, going out to eat... These are all things one would normally expect to enjoy when taking a beach vacation.
Almost none of these things occured during our vacation! ;0)
Jimmy and I knew that having kids, especially young ones, would change all that. We knew going into our first official vacation with two young ones that things would be totally different. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect.
The reality is that I spent less than 30 minutes, total, at the beach the entire time we were there. We drove nine hours to vacation on the coast and I spent a whopping 30 minutes with my feet in the sand, ha ha.
The little time I spent outside was spent in the pools and splash areas. Total number of hours I spent outside? Less than five.
Catering to the kids naps, mealtimes, nursing, moodiness, and just getting them prepped to head out is logistically difficult . Add into the mix, trying to get myself together and the needs of the group.
Did I have a good time? Of course! The times I will remember and cherish the most is the quality time I spent with my family. Watching my kids interact with family, inside jokes, teasing each other, laughing at Amelia's aversion to water and sand, playing board games, and just talking.
And that's what it's all about. It's not about being on a vacation, it's about being with your family and making memories ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment