Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Room of His Own

Alex's room is finally coming together.  Alex and Amelia shared a room in DC, so we had to start from scratch when it came to putting his nursery together.  We started off by painting the room a very light blue.  Alex now has Amelia's old changing table and rocking chair, and an end table from our room.  

The room doesn't really have a theme, but the two main colors are light blue and green, with red as an accent color.  Once he lets us know what he's interested in, we will update it to his liking.  It took me two months to decide on curtains, but I'm happy with my choice.  We still have to put up a few more things, but here's a preview.  I'm looking forward to decorating it with all things BOY!  

He has the exact same crib as Amelia.

Amelia's old rocking chair.  I've had many sweet moments (and late nights) with the kids in this chair.

The curtains that took forever for me to decide on!

Our old end table

Amelia's old changing table and shelf

No comments: