We were able to fit five adults, two kids, and all our luggage into our van. It was a tight fit, but we were all amazed at how comfortable and roomy it was.
We left early in the morning, so everyone, except for Jimmy and I, slept most of the time. It is about a 7.5 hour drive, but it took us about 9 hours due to multiple stops. Surprisingly, we had to make more stops due to Jimmy rather than the kids!
I was so stressed out about the kids and the long road trip. Because of the DVD player, Amelia did awesome. She got to watch hours of Sesame Street, so she was as happy as could be. She had lots of people to entertain her as well, so that helped a lot.
Alex was awesome. He usually hates his car seat, but I sat with him in the very back and I think just seeing a familiar face helped to keep him calm. I also think I deserve some sort of merit badge for nursing Alex while we were driving... Before you freak out, please note that Alex remained fully buckled in his car seat and I still had my seat belt on. It can be done!
Front: Ben and Jimmy
Middle: Jessica and Amelia
Back: Steven, Mary, and Alex
Trying to sit in Alex's car seat
Ben's rest stop purchase: Candy Cigarettes and a cap gun
SLEEP AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Steven with: Sophie the giraffe, candy cigarette, and bananas
Zombie Jessica sleeps with her eyes open
We made it!
I love Jessica and Alex in the background
Dinner time











No comments:
Post a Comment