Boy oh boy! I'm still in shock. I can't believe we are going to have a boy. It's so cool to think that we'll have one of each. I think the big news has affected my body in some way. This past week, I've been feeling really crampy and achy in my stomach area. This little man (yay, I can say that now!) must have grown muscles overnight because his kicks and punches have been super strong! Jimmy felt his kicks last night and mentioned how strong it was too.
I've also been feeling a lot more tired and sleepy. My emotions have been all over the place too. I know it's probably a hormone change, since I also woke up with two pimples on my chin :( Jimmy is so awesome to put up with me... I've been weepy and extra cranky lately. Thank you Sir, for being there for me!
Since we live across the street from a mall, Amelia and I take walks there frequently if the weather is too hot or cold for an outside walk. I thought I would go to some baby stores and start getting some boy clothes. My instinct took me straight to the little girl section and then I ventured over to the OTHER side of the store, to the *gasp* baby boy section.
I don't know if it was seeing all the tiny newborn clothing, my hormones, or the realization that at that moment that we were having a boy, but I started to get weepy, sweaty and my heart was racing! I think, at that random moment, it was all finally sinking in that we are going to have another baby in January. I think I had a panic attack or something, ha ha ha.
I will mention that going through BOTH the boy and girl sides of the store was overwhelming too! There is so much to cover and look at. Oh yeah, and why does boy clothing have to have a bunch of wording on shirts like "Daddy's Champ" or "Mommy's little Monkey?" Weird. I'm not into that. The boy section and selection is much smaller too. I was at a store and noticied the girl section was almost twice as big!
Honestly, we are so excited to have a boy, but we are nervous too! We don't know how different it's going to be. With the exception of Jimmy, we have a house full of girls: Myself, Amelia, and our three cats, Rudy, Olivia, and Lucy. Hopefully this little guy will balance things out ;0)
Week 23

No comments:
Post a Comment