Because we are in the military, Jimmy and I have lived many many miles away from our families since 2003. Since then, we have never lived in the same town as them and see each other just a few times a year.
A few years ago, I started this blog because I thought it would be and easy way to keep our families updated with pictures and notes on what we've been up to. Over the years, it has evolved into much more than that. I've been using it as our family memory book. It is a fun way to share our adventures, document special milestones and our day to day lives.
Most importantly, since Amelia birth, it has also been a way for our families to get to see pictures of her, get to know her personality and have a sneak peak into our day to day lives. I think it's all the little things that count. I want my family to see Amelia's many silly faces and experience all the funny little things she does daily. I have done my best to post pics and updates at least every other day.
Amelia's first birthday has definitely brought out the nostalgic side of me. Lately, I've been looking back at our blog and looking at all the pictures and thoughts from the past year. I'm so glad that I have them all saved, not just for our immediate families, but for our growing family. I look forward to the day that Amelia and our future children can look at this blog too!
No comments:
Post a Comment