Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thirty-One

I wasn't really excited about my birthday.  In fact, it was so easy to forget about since Amelia's birthday is just two weeks before.  Despite the pouring rain and gloomy weather, I had a really good day!
Amelia and I went to story time in the morning, which she really enjoyed.  She wasn't really paying attention to the stories being read, but she loved loved loved singing the songs between each story.  Amelia was also very curious about all the kids.  She hangs around with mostly babies, so I think the older and more animated kids intrigued her. 
After story time, since it was pouring rain outside, we went for a long walk around a mall we had never been to, White Flint, and I had two cookies for lunch ;0)  I know it's not the most healthy thing, but hey, it was my birthday, right?

Later in the day, we picked up Jimmy from work and went out for a family dinner.  I think Amelia knew it was my birthday because she was a complete angel during the entire dinner.  I think she only threw a few pieces of food on the floor and didn't cry or fuss once!  In fact, we felt especially proud because another baby at the table next to us was having a complete meltdown and the entire family left early because of it.  Thanks for being a good baby Amelia!

For my birthday treat, Jimmy made me vanilla cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting... all from scratch!  It was so yummy.  He even sang happy birthday to me and I blew out candles, ha ha ha.  Then, the next day, he made me a cupcake pyramid and covered the whole thing with the chocolate fudge frosting.  I wish I had taken a picture, but I ended up devouring it very quickly ;0)

Jimmy got me a #1 Mom key chain.  I love it and it's perfect! I especially love it because he ordered it from Etsy, which is one of my favorite shopping websites. He also got me a gift certificate to get my car professionally detailed.  He really scored a lot of points for that gift since it's something I've been wanting for a long time.  I know that may sound strange to some people, but I just think flowers and candy is just too easy and Jimmy knows never to come home with any of those items, ha ha ha.     

I couldn't be more thankful... life is good!

No comments: