Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 23

Pink, purple, long hair, tutus, lace, pig tails, pony tails, dresses, skirts, ruffles, bows, Hello Kitty, flowers, and butterflies... Now that we've had a week to let it all sink in, we are starting to realize that we are having a baby girl!

Week 23 has been interesting and productive. I'm sorry to say that I don't have a baby size "fruit" or "man object" picture to post this week. Apparently, the baby will be the size of a papaya and mini football until week 25.

A new pregnancy symptom has surfaced! I got two "Charlie horses" in my calf in the middle of the night this week! I was happily sleeping and out of nowhere, my calf muscle felt like it was going to tear off into two pieces. The Charlie horse lasts for a few minutes, but those few minutes are pure agony and pain. Jimmy wakes up and helps me try to massage the muscle, but nothing ever helps. Then my calf hurts for a few days, so sometimes it feels like I'm limping. Argh, it's really annoying...

We've been doing a lot of baby research this week; it's finally about that time to get some baby items! We finally picked out a stroller... it was almost as tough as buying a car, ha ha ha. There are so many to choose from! I'm also glad we started the search early because the stroller we like is backordered for several months. It's called a City Mini by Baby Jogger and we got the red one. It's small, light, easily foldable, sturdy, and easy to push. It also has a car seat attachment (which we also purchased), for newborns, so that's cool. Jimmy has the car seat narrowed down to a few models, so hopefully we'll get that soon too.

Mia's gonna be big pimpin' in her new ride...
I wonder if we can get dubs for the wheels?

Here's the Pac n Play we bought too... we'll use the bassinet feature and keep it in our bedroom for the first few months. It's really easy to move, so we can just wheel it out into the living area as we need it too. Jimmy picked the color. I wasn't too sure about the black, but now that it's in our apartment, it's pretty sleek looking. Jimmy made a good choice!
Jimmy has been reading pregnancy and parenting books, which is very sweet. However, it appears that the daddy themed books are way more interesting and funny that then books I've been reading. He's always cracking up and reading sections out loud to me that are hilarious. It's fun to think about what type of dad he's going to be. He always says that he's going to be very strict, but I know he's a softie at heart.

I've also found that Jimmy is more interested in buying baby clothes than anything else. Since we found out we were having a girl, I've had to drag him out of the baby clothes section. I also came home one day to see him looking up baby girl clothes on the internet. The funniest part was Jimmy telling me how he signed up for email subscriptions to Gymboree, the Gap, and The Children's Place. He was excited to inform me that now we'll get all the coupons and know about all the upcoming sales. Jimmy is so funny... but I'm so thankful he's so involved and interested in baby stuff.

Week 24
After dinner and ice cream belly shot!

No comments: