Things have been going well this past week. My belly is definitely getting noticeably bigger. More and more strangers have been asking me questions or congratulating me. On the Metro, a guy asked me if I had a baby in my belly and when I replied "yes" he freaked out on me. He pointed to Amelia and told me I already had a baby and didn't need another one. Argh. So annoying.
It's starting to get really difficult to get Amelia in and out of her car seat. We still have her in the middle seat, in the back, so it's very hard to get back there with a big belly. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when I'm even bigger! I just tell myself that so many people have gone through pregnancy in so many different circumstances, so I shouldn't complain.
Jimmy and I have talked about getting a *gasp* mini van or Suburban. We will find out sometime in October if and where we're going to move. (In Army lingo: "We'll get our orders in October.") We're going to wait until then to pull the trigger on a new car. The two car seats fit in our current car, a small Acura TSX, but it's super tight. Add the double stroller in the trunk and it's basically a logistical nightmare.
We just don't want to buy a new car right away because there is a small chance that we may move to Italy next summer, so that's a whole other logistical nightmare in itself! Hopefully, we'll solidify our plans in the next few months and can figure out what we're going to do. So until then, Milton (my Acura) will have to do for now!
This little baby in my belly is most active in the evening and in the morning. Just like Amelia, this baby kicks/punches in the lower part of my belly. Amelia uses me as a human jungle gym sometimes, so I'm sure the baby feels kicks and punches from their big sister too.
My new go to snack has been frozen grapes! Actually I'm munching on some right now. I've been trying to avoid sweets, but it's hard. Jimmy found Red-Velvet cake Ben and Jerry's ice cream at the grocery store. He was so excited to show it to me, but I got mad at him for bringing it home. However, I happily ate the whole thing in one-sitting that same evening, ha ha ha. But I told him not to buy any more!
TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL THE ULTRASOUND!
Week 22

No comments:
Post a Comment