Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 38

One of my friends mentioned that Amelia will be an only child for just a few more weeks. It kind of hit me right then how much our family dynamic is going to change once Alex arrives. I honestly feel badly for Amelia. She has no idea what's going to happen and how much her life in going to change.  The transition will be a big change for everyone, but I know in my heart that Alex will bring much more love into our family.  I love being a big sister and I know Amelia (eventually) will too ;0)

I've also come to the realization that this may be my last pregnancy.  As uncomfortable and miserable as I am feeling, I'm trying to savor what could be my last experience at "creating life."  I know it sounds cheesy, but it's how I feel.  We are definitely considering having a third child, but nothing is ever for certain, so I guess we'll just wait and see.

This week we have been busy preparing our home for Alex. Everything is pretty much set up and we even have the infant car seat in the van. I'm starting to panic a little, but am very excited! I just want to hold him and can't wait to see what he looks like! More importantly, I anxiously await to see his personality develop!

It's New Year's Eve today!!  Sorry Jessica, I guess you and Alex won't have the same birthday!

Week 38
I didn't make it this far with Amelia!
OMG, I'm gigantic!  I don't really see myself from this angle :( 

No comments: