Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Brookside Trains

Amelia and I had a play date with a friend and went to see the model trains at the Brookside Conservatory.  I didn't know if Amelia would have any interest but was happily surprised that she loved it!  She was mesmerized and got excited every time the trains came around. 

She kept on pointing to the trains and the scenery and saying, "What's dis?", over and over again.  Whenever other kids would stand by her, she would happily engage in baby talk conversation with them, ha ha ha.  I think she was probably trying to tell them about the trains. It was really funny.  Amelia spent a good solid hour just staring and admiring the trains.

We also spent a lot of time in the greenhouse.  Amelia was obsessed with the small waterfall.  If I wasn't there to stop her, she probably would have jumped into the water!  Maybe she thought it was bath time?  Since the weather was great, we went for a walk around the gardens afterwards.  However, I didn't make it very far.  I was hurting after just a few minutes.

Our schedule has been super busy, and it's been really tough on my very pregnant body, but I'm trying to enjoy as much time as possible with Amelia before her little bro arrives.  Life is going to be oh so different once Alex is here.      

Trey, Julia, and Amelia

We were trying to get them to pose for a picture.  Of course, Amelia ran off!



She pointed to the cars and kept saying "vrrroooom."  Then she got frustrated because she couldn't reach them.

Waiting, pointing...

I took this picture right before she tried to jump in the water!  Doesn't she look so innocent?  Don't let that face fool you.

No comments: