I also had fetal monitoring this week. Basically what they do is strap you to a machine for about an hour. They check the baby's heat rate and movements, my blood pressure, and double check to make sure you have enough amniotic fluid. Then, in the end, they do an ultrasound to check the baby. Everything checked out fine this week!
I had to do fetal monitoring for the last few months in my pregnancy with Amelia too. It's a big hassle, but also nice because every week you are reassured that everything is progressing well. The absolute best part is that you get to have an ultrasound and see the baby every time you go in... simply fabulous ;0)
I'll be going to fetal monitoring TWICE a week. Add that to my regular weekly prenatal appointment, Amelia's social calendar, out-of-town guests, holiday events and we have a very busy schedule! Oh yeah, and on top of all that, we prepping for the new baby!
Exhausted doesn't even begin to explain how I've been feeling. However, I know once Alex is born, things will settle down a little bit (schedule-wise). My plan is to hibernate with the kiddos until the Spring ;0)
Week 36

No comments:
Post a Comment