This diet is driving me CRAZY! It also doesn't help that Jimmy eats carbs and sugar, and drinks soda in front of me all the time... just sayin'.
I dusted off the good old. breast pump and a few bottles. Amelia had a blast playing with her new "toys." Her favorite thing to do was twist the lids on and off the bottles (which she figured out how to do herself!) and suck on the old nipples. I ordered some new nipples and plan to sterilize all the feeding stuff in the next few weeks. Hopefully, I'll only have to pump once or twice a week... I hate that horrible machine, but love the freedom it allows me while I'm nursing.
I'm starting to get anxious about the nursing situation. A lot of other moms I've talked to say that nursing a second child is a little bit easier because you know what to expect. However, it's more difficult to do since you usually have another child running around that you need to keep track of.
I nursed Amelia until she was 14 months and would have liked to go a little bit longer, but the pregnancy made it difficult. I'm not sure what kind of expectations I have for myself with baby Alex, maybe six months? I would like to nurse him for a year, but I know that things can get complicated. It may be a situation where I won't be able to nurse him at all... What if he doesn't latch on or what if I don't have enough milk? Oh well, I guess stressing out about it won't help ;0) We will see what happens!
Week 34...with my mom!
I'll post more about my parents' visit later.
I'll post more about my parents' visit later.

No comments:
Post a Comment