This week I've had a lot of help! Just when I thought I didn't have the energy to go on with this pregnancy, my parents came for a visit. We were very thankful that they flew in all the way from Washington (state) for a quick visit before Alex arrives.
Amelia loved the all the attention and I so appreciated the help. I was able to take more naps and take more time to just sit and relax. My parents cooked, cleaned, and everything in between! Thanks Mom and Dad!!
I am extra lucky because as soon as my parents leave, my mother-in-law is coming to town. We are so excited ;0) I have the best, most supportive family ever!
This week, I have been having severe pelvic pain, feeling lots of pressure, and Alex's fetal movements have been very painful. I didn't have any of these problems with Amelia, so I was really worried something might be wrong. It got so bad that I could barely move by dinner time. I could barely walk! I thought for sure I was going to go into early labor.
Since I had a prenatal appointment this week, I brought up my pain issues. I felt like a wimp because my doctor informed me that everything I'm feeling is NORMAL and I probably just had an easier pregnancy with Amelia. In addition, this time around I am chasing around a toddler so that takes a toll on my body as well.
My doctor gave me a support belt to wear to help with the pressure. I was skeptical at first, but it has made such a difference!!! It's really ugly, but I don't ever want to take it off.
My doctor is also concerned because I am measuring too small, 30-31 weeks, so she is going to order another growth ultrasound to make sure Alex is growing adequately. This has come to a complete surprise to me because I really feel like Alex is huge in my belly! I'm a little nervous, but am trying to stay optimistic about the situation. Maybe Jimmy and I just make small babies... At 15 months, Amelia weighs as much as a 6-9 month old, but is perfectly healthy.
Week 35
This support belt is super ugly, but it has been a lifesaver! I usually wear it underneath my clothes, but I took off my shirt so you all could check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment