Sleeping has been more difficult for me too. She is very active at night, especially after Jimmy reads and talks to her, so the movements are painful and keep me up. I'm also at the point where it now takes five strategically placed pillows for me to get comfortable. In addition, I wake up several times a night to pee, so that totally messes with my sleep schedule.
At my prenatal appointment this week my doctor said that Amelia is engaged, which means her head is almost in position and ready to go. When she did the exam, she said she could feel her head, which freaked me out a little. She also said that I wasn't dilated yet, but that my cervix was very thin, which was a good sign as well. I gained half a pound and my sugar levels are well controlled, so they're happy with my progress. I've gained about 24 pounds total so far.
I'll be "term" next week, meaning that the baby can come at any time and be well developed. We have been busy tying up all lose ends and getting the apartment prepped for Amelia... we're nesting ;0) I washed all the newborn and 0-3 month baby clothes this week. Everything was so tiny and it was hard to figure out how to fold all the little outfits. The little socks are the cutest! I also washed all the crib sheets, linens, and baby blankets too. The only thing left for me to wash is all our cloth diapers, so I'll probably wash those this week.
Jimmy installed the car seat last weekend as well, and (like nerds) we practiced getting it in and out of the car. It's amazing how you need such a big contraption to fit such a small baby! The backseat of "Milton," my Acura TSX, looks so small now. We only need one car right now, but we'll buy another, bigger car once we move out of DC and require a second car. (Jimmy has his eye on a Suburban and has already picked out the name "Large Marge" for it.) But for now, Milton is perfect for our little family.
Jimmy tested out the baby bath tub, put together the bouncy, and we finally took out the play mats and some toys out of their packaging. We're just making sure everything works and we have enough batteries for everything. As a last minute purchase, we decided to get a rocking chair, so we went to the store and picked one out. I just hope it gets here in time since it will take a few weeks for it to get delivered!
We're also putting the finishing touches on the nursery. Amelia probably won't spend much time in there for the first few months, but we still want to have it ready for her. She'll probably sleep in our room for the first few months, so one thing we have to do is move the bassinet into our room and fix up a little area for her there.
I haven't packed for the hospital yet, but that's next on my list of things to do. Since it takes FIVE pillows for me to get comfortable on the bed, so I'm trying to decide how many pillows is appropriate to bring to the hospital, ha ha ha. I can probably only get away with bringing one or two without looking like a diva.
37 Weeks
Front View
Week 37
Side view... argh, I'm huge!
I'm so big that people are starting to stare at me whenever I'm out. Haven't they seen a pregnant woman before? Geez.
Oh yeah, and my coworkers always ask me why I'm hiding a basketball under my dress.
Lucy "Snout" loves all the new baby items. Out of our three kitties, she is by far the most interested in anything related to the baby. She seems to think all the new stuff is for her.
Snout examining the play mat.
Jimmy installed the infant car seat adapter to the stroller and took Snout for a ride around our apartment.
Snout LOVED the stroller!
Snout checking out the baby bath tub.
(I know she'll lose interest once there's water in there.)
No comments:
Post a Comment