I can't catch a break! Week 34 has been terribly hot, with temperatures rising over 100 degrees for most of the week. My mile long walk to and from work has definitely been tough for me, so this week I (finally) started taking the shuttle from the Metro Station to my building, so that has helped me a lot. I also used to bypass the elevator and walked up 8 flights of stairs to my office to get some additional exercise.... not anymore!
I feel like lately I'm constantly at the hospital for appointments and classes. I have my regular prenatal appointment every week and a separate visit for an hour of fetal monitoring. At my last appointment, I found out I lost 2 pounds, so have to work on gaining more weight. My dietitian wants me to gain a total of 35-37 pounds! I have 6 weeks to go have gained a total of 23 pounds, so I'm not too sure if I can get to that target weight. It's especially hard to gain weight when I have so many dietary restrictions due to my gestational diabetes.
I have to go to fetal monitoring every week because of my gestational diabetes. During the fetal monitoring, I lay in a hospital bed for an hour strapped to a bunch of machines. They monitor Amelia's heartbeat, movements, my blood pressure, check my amniotic fluid, and at the very end, they do a sonogram. Jimmy and I love love love getting to see Amelia every week via the sonogram, so I guess that's a plus. Last week, Amelia had the hiccups during the sonogram, so it was cute. My gestational diabetes is under control and my doctor is very happy with my progress.
Jimmy and I have also been participating in several baby classes. This week, we went to a cloth diapering seminar, birthing class, and learned Lamaze. The birthing and Lamaze class was informative, but the instructor was a little bit too passionate about the topics and was over the top in her teaching style. Of course, during the Lamaze breathing part, Jimmy and I couldn't stop laughing. I don't really see myself using Lamaze during labor, but I guess it was good to learn about. However, I really enjoyed learning all the massage positions ;0) Jimmy will definitely be implementing those newly learned skills during my labor.
My belly has gotten so big, I can now fit into Jimmy's boxers. I love wearing them around the house.
35 Weeks and wearing Jimmy's boxers ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment