I'm starting to wonder if the lack of swelling I'm having is due to the fact that I'm having a boy. With Amelia, I was swollen ALL over and right now, I don't think I have any swelling at all. My rings and shoes fit fine ;0)
For a while, I thought the lack of swelling was due to the fact that it was winter (I had Amelia in the summer), but several pregnant friends having girls have been complaining about swelling up. It got me thinking that "baby boy" hormones might be different. Hmmmm, I guess every pregnancy is different, but I'm still curious if gender has anything to do with it (at least in my case).
It's official, 1/3 of our WAM playgroup is now pregnant. It's crazy, but cool since we are going through similar situations. Once baby Alex arrives, it will be nice to have other little babies at playgroup too. We are all due between January and April.
Because of my big belly, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping, but I know better than to complain. I know once Alex is here, I'll only be able to sleep for a few hours at a time. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I try not to move too much because it wakes him up! His kicks and movements keep me from falling back to sleep.
I also know that I say this every week, but it is getting so difficult to take care of Amelia. The physical demands on my body are too much. Amelia is so active that I'm never able to sit and relax for more than a few minutes before she's off and running again (or getting into trouble!). I'm exhausted by the end of the day and can barely move. I feel lots of pressure, growing pains, and my lower back aches. The gestational diabetes diet and monitoring just adds to it. Honestly, I feel cranky and hungry all the time, ha ha ha.
Jimmy has been amazing. I feel so badly for him because he has to put up with my crankiness ;0) He has a super stressful job, works long hours, and then comes home to take care of Amelia and I. Not only does he care for Amelia to give me a break, he cooks dinner, gives her a bath, and then puts her to bed. I am so lucky to have Jimmy in my life ;0) I love you Sir!!
Let the countdown begin: 50 days to go...
Week 33

No comments:
Post a Comment