I had to get a second ultrasound screening because my doctor wanted to make sure he was growing adequately. Amelia was a tiny baby, so they wanted to make sure Alex was okay. I'm happy to report that all is well! Although he is measuring about a week too small, they are not concerned about his growth.
My doctor said that if I were to go to term that he estimates Alex will be about 7-7.5 pounds. That seems huge to me because Amelia was just 5.5 pounds at birth.
My doctor was also nice enough to give us a peak at Alex through the 3D and 4D ultrasound. His hand is up against his face.
This week I took a second gestational diabetes test and failed. I'm truly disappointed, but not surprised since I had GD with Amelia. They want me to take the three hour test within the next few days to verify the diagnosis.
If I fail the three hour test, then I will have to diet and cut out most carbs and sugars from my diet. With all the yummy holiday food coming up, it's going to be tough. I'll also have to prick my finger four times a day to check/monitor my blood sugar. In addition, I'll be required to go into the hospital for weekly fetal monitoring.
I want to do everything I can to make sure Alex is healthy, but this time around it's going to be more difficult to juggle a very specific diet and several medical appointments each week. I have to figure out what I'm going to do with Amelia!
Week 30

No comments:
Post a Comment