Month 8 (weeks 33-36)
Miss Mia is now the size of a Honey Dew
According to the "Ultimate Man Guide to Baby Sizes" our little Mia is also as long as a
17 inch computer screen.
Almost there! Only 49 more days until my due date. It's a good feeling to have week 33 under my belt. I have been feeling very well. The heat is really the main thing that I'm having trouble with. Temperatures in DC are still in the high 90's and the extreme humidity continues to be an annoyance. I was born on September 7th, so now I know what my mom went through with me.
My belly has also gotten much bigger, so it's been hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I need 4 strategically placed pillows to get in a (somewhat) comfortable position, but then if I want to turn over, I have to reposition the pillows all over again. I've been peeing a lot more too, so it's been hard to get a full nights sleep.
Jimmy and I went to our first baby related class and it was surprisingly informative and good. We were both skeptical, but were pleasantly surprised. It was an infant care class, so we learned about everything they do to the baby at the hospital and how to take care of a newborn. I really felt like we were the "bad kids" in class because we were texting each other about random funny things (mostly about other people in the class), laughing at stupid stuff, and whispering to each other the whole time. Everyone else was so serious! Oh well, I guess we're just immature ;0)
Mia is moving like crazy now in my belly! I can literally feel and SEE her arms, legs, and body moving. My belly morphs and looks lopsided sometimes, depending on how she's laying and moving. Jimmy thinks it's awesome and tries to "play" with her by rubbing or poking at her. The best part is that little Mia responds, and moves. He calls my belly button his "portal" and loves to poke at it because the skin in much thinner in that area and Mia likes to knee me there. When her knee is just below my belly button, you can really feel her!
We haven't really bought much baby clothes, but Jimmy decided to buy Mia a few outfits. He is on the internet constantly looking at baby clothes and he finally bought some this week. He picked out the outfits all on his own and I think he did a great job. He bought 2 girly outfits and 2 punk/alternative outfits. One of the shirts has a skull on it, but it's still surprisingly cute. He even bought Mia her first pair of Vans. He found a pink version of the Vans he currently owns... he is so excited to have matching shoes with Mia. 34 Weeks
+honeydew.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment