Ading in Ilokano means younger brother or sister. Jimmy and I both have younger siblings, so really wanted Amelia to have at least one ading too. I'm super excited to see Amelia and her baby brother interact. I'm the big sister of my family, so am excited for Amelia to take on that role too.
Siblings are the best and I can't imagine a life without my siblings or Jimmy's little sisters. I am thankful to say that I have great relationships with both my siblings and Jimmy's. I believe it changes the dynamic of any family for the better. We cannot wait for Alex to arrive!
Amelia has been the center of our lives for the past 14 months. I'm worried about how she'll react about sharing our attention with another baby. More importantly, I'm worried about how to balance the two kids.
Again, I know these concerns are normal, but it's something I think about all the time. From what I've been reading about the topic, Amelia is still too young to grasp the concept of having a younger sibling or being a big sister. Sadly, there is very little we can do to prepare her for her baby brother.
Amelia and I do a lot of activities during the week and I know it will be more limited once Alex is born. I am just hoping I can figure out and efficient way to get them out of the house (by myself) once in a while.
Logistically, having two young children is going to be really difficult. I'm just trying to imagine myself doing simple things like getting them in and out of the car, coordinating nap and meal times, baths, and even just keeping them entertained all day.
I am truly and excited for our little man to arrive. I just hope everything falls into place!
No comments:
Post a Comment