Sunday, April 1, 2012

SAFMLS

Society of Armed Forces Medical Laboratory Scientists Annual Conference

Every year Jimmy looks forward to this conference.  I like to call it his yearly "frat party" because the conference brings together all the leaders in his career field.  He gets a chance to see a lot of the buddies that he's worked with throughout the years.  In the military, people are constantly coming and going, moving from place to place.  This conference brings everyone together for a week, so he gets to catch up with old buddies.  They do their conference stuff during the day and at night they pretty much hang out and do fun things!

This year it's in Memphis, Tennessee.  It's kind of cool because Jimmy can kind of check out the area before we move there permanently.  Memphis is about four hours West from where we will be living.  I'm just excited to hear about Jimmy's first impressions of the state.

He left this morning, Sunday, and will be gone all week.  The kids and I will miss him very much.  Amelia is at the age where she is now aware of his absence.  She asks for him when he's been gone all day, so I'm hoping his extended absence doesn't upset her. 

I'm also a little nervous about being at home with the kids all by myself for a week.  I know I can handle it, but it's going to be tough doing everything on my own.  I just tell myself that people do it every day, so I try not to feel overwhelmed about the situation.  I've scheduled additional play dates and we have our regular playgroups throughout the week, so I'm hoping time goes by quickly.  I know by the end of the week I'll be exhausted and in need of a break!

No comments: