Wears 12 month clothing, size 3 diapers
"It's a cat." - A complete sentence! We have cat magnets on the fridge. She points to them and says, "It's a cat."
"Hello Kitty" - My daughter loves Hello Kitty! Whooo Hoo!!! I was hoping Amelia would share my obsession and (with some motherly influence) she is now one of Hello Kitty's biggest fans! She used to just call her "Kitty," but now calls the character by her full name. She loves to point Hello Kitty out and I've given her plenty opportunity to do so with all her Hello Kitty toys and clothing ;0)
"I love money" - A few weeks ago, she stopped calling me "mommy" and started calling me "money." She now says, "I love money." She cracks me up!
Her baby/mommy play is getting a lot more involved. She now gives her baby tummy time and puts her on the play mat, Bumbo, and Boppy. She feeds and burps her baby. She even pats her baby to soothe her.
Loves coloring, stamping, and stickers (especially her Hello Kitty stamps, stickers, and coloring book!)
Enjoys her toy medical kit; the stethoscope and syringe are her favorite. Her favorite patients are big Hello Kitty, hippo, and her baby.
She is starting to recognize some letters and the ABC song is one of her favorites. Whenever she sees the letter "M" she turns it upside down and says "W." She does the same thing with the letter "U." She turns it sideways and says it's the letter "C."
I try to include counting in our playtime as much as possible. Sometimes I catch her counting, or at least attempting to, when she plays independently. Jimmy and I were super proud because she was swinging at the playground and the parent next to us was counting the each swing for her child. The parent was saying, "One, Two..." and Amelia quickly shouted out "Three, Four."
She loves loves loves to stack things. The higher, the better... and more exciting to knock over!
Amelia is starting to use a spoon to eat. Her technique is to pick up the food, put it on her spoon, and then feed herself... it's a start!
Sunglasses are her new favorite accessory. She thinks we can't recognize her when she wears them. It's hilarious!
She has mastered jumping... and so have all her stuffed friends. She likes to make them jump and thinks it's really funny.
Stacking... it's taller than she is!
Pasta face


No comments:
Post a Comment