Jimmy was nominated for and won a prestigious award/opportunity to spend a week with the "big wigs" of the Army Medical Service Corps (MSC). He spent the whole week as a mentee to all the top leaders. They taught him invaluable "inside" information about the intimate details of his career field.
They took him under their wing because they see him as a future leader in the Medical Service Corps. This was truly an honor for Jimmy. All week he kept saying he couldn't believe what was happening and kept telling me about all the amazing people he met.
One of the highlights of the week was a formal dinner with the Army Surgeon General. Jimmy was allowed to bring a guest, so I was lucky to tag along! She was surprisingly mellow, genuine, and funny. They talked mostly about work stuff, so I felt a little out of place. I mostly just sat there nodding and smiling a lot, ha ha ha.
(A side note... The event was a good motivational tool for me to get back into shape. I really didn't want to buy another formal gown since I have so many. My goal was to be able to fit into my pre-pregnancy size 0 in 9 weeks. At 5 weeks postpartum, the dress wouldn't even zip up! However, I'm happy to say that just one week before the dinner I had success. A little diet and exercise goes a long way!)
Jimmy posing with CPT Bauldry and LTG Horoho (Army Surgeon General)
The last time wore this dress was 5 years ago! I'm so happy it still fits just two months after having Alex. After dropping off the kiddos at the babysitter, I only had 20 minutes to get ready, ha ha ha. I enjoyed my precious few child-free hours. It was fun to get out and have adult conversation.
The top 1% of the MSC-
Jimmy was one of two officers selected from the medical laboratory field. The nominees are from around the world and from all military branches.

No comments:
Post a Comment