Monday, April 9, 2012

Bye Bye Baby... Weight

After this second baby, it was more difficult to get back to my former pre-pregnancy body.  Right now, actually a few pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight.  However, that is VERY deceiving!  I have no muscle tone, so everything is still really jiggly!  I have a stomach pouch, muffin top, and stretch marks everywhere :(  

I've been trying to get back into shape, but it's so hard.  Gone are the days where I can go to the gym for 2-3 hours at a time.  It's been so tough to make time.  At this point, I am only able to squeeze a 30-45 minute workout just 2 or 3 times a week. 

On the evenings I workout, it's really hectic and stressful!  Jimmy gets home from work around 5pm and we only have two short hours to have dinner and gets the kids to bed by 7pm.. 

Once Jimmy is home, I nurse Alex and leave for the gym.  I do a quick workout.  When I get back, Jimmy and I only have an hour left to get dinner ready, give the kids baths, squeeze in some family time, and prepare them for bed.  I don't get a chance to shower until after Amelia goes to bed at 7pm. 

It's crazy hectic, but it's something I need to do for myself.  I had lots of guilt at first, but after I started going again, I felt so much better.  The time to myself without the kids is so refreshing and I feel so great after a good workout.  It was just was I needed to get out of my rut and start to feel like myself again. 

I've also been dieting a little bit.  I'm not doing anything too crazy.  I've just been trying to limit/cut carbs and sugars from my diet, which is something I should be doing anyway.  I know for sure that the exclusive breastfeeding helps me a lot too.  I've read that it can burn up to 500 calories daily.

I probably won't ever wear a bikini again.... but you know what?  I never really liked them anyways!  My little family is totally worth the stretch marks and extra fat ;0)

No comments: