Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 39

I honestly didn't think I would get this far!  Well, here I am and what can I say... I'm ready for this little guy to make his entrance into this world!

It's been a tough week.  In fact, I would go as far to say that this pregnancy was more difficult than my first.  With this pregnancy I feel much more pressure, have terrible backaches, and have difficulty walking.  Most of this is probably attributed to that fact that I didn't get this far with Amelia and she was a much smaller baby. 

At this point, I can barely walk, and get up off the couch and the floor without some help.  I have trouble changing Amelia's diaper and picking her up.  Our bed is up really high, so I can barely even get in and out of bed without a few grunts.  OMG, then there's trying to turn in bed.  Miserable.  What an experience these last few weeks have been!

I know the end result is going to be our little Alex in my arms, but it's been a rough road!

Amelia came early and unexpectadly, so it just kind of hit us all at once and by surprise.  Now, the anticipation is unbearable.   I've been obsessing about keeping the house in order.  I know that Alex can arrive at any moment and I just want to be prepared. 

Having Amelia definitely makes the logistics of getting to the hospital and my hospital stay more difficult.  We can't just pick-up and leave right away like we did before.  Amelia needs to be taken care of since we'll be stuck at the hospital for a few days. 

My mother-in-law is traveling all the way from Washington (state) and will be here next weekend to watch Amelia while I'm in the hospital.  If I go into labor before then, we have a plan B.  My cousins from Fort Belvoir (Amelia's Godparents) will care for her.

This will be her first night away from us, so it's going to be an emotional roller coaster for me.  It's not just one night either, she'll be staying with someone else for at least two nights :(  I can't even think about it without getting emotional. 

It will all be worth it in the end and I'm really excited about finally bringing Alex home and settling in as our little family of four ;0)

Week 39

Blech... I look like I feel.

No comments: