My first two days alone with Amelia and Alex went *surprisingly* well! The morning went smoothly and the kiddos were very cooperative. By 9:30am, not only did I get them fed, dressed, and entertained, I had vacuumed, mopped the floor, finished two loads of laundry, and emptied the dishwasher. Both also napped at the same time, so I was also able to take shower! Since I got most of the chores done in the morning, the rest of the day was less stressful. There were a few moments when the kids were both needing attention or crying, but overall I'd have to say the day was a success ;0)
On the second day, I was feeling confident enough to *gasp* venture out alone. The weather was beautiful, so we met up with some friends at the park. The sunshine and fresh air was so refreshing. It was the first time I saw my some of my friends since Alex's birth, so it was great to catch up and socialize. Getting the kids ready to go out and in and out of the car was a little difficult and time consuming, but I was able to manage. I was only 15 minutes late for the play date, ha ha ha. I wore Alex in the Ergo and let Amelia run around the park.
My mom will fly in from Washington and be here to help on Wednesday, so I'm really excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment