Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thirty-Two

Happy 32nd birthday to my Sir!  In honor of his birthday I would like to list 32 things I love about Jimmy. I'll try to avoid generic things like makes me laugh, good sense of humor, good personality, etc.  I want to list all the quirky, silly things I just love about him. 

Here goes:

1.  I used to be embarrassed of his unique laugh, but now I love it.
2. Jimmy thinks he needs to use a new towel every time he takes a shower.
3. When he gets stressed, he drinks a soda (not beer) to "take the edge off."
4. He always makes sure we go to bed together every night.  Meaning, one of us isn't already sleeping when we get into bed; we get in together.
4. He thinks he doesn't have back hair.
5. He always smells good, really good.
6. Jimmy thinks he needs to use both shampoo AND conditioner for his military buzz cut.
7. He loves the kitties and sees them as a part of our family.
8. He cooks all the meals.  Seriously, all our meals.
9. Jimmy is the best grocery shopper!  Not only is he quick, but he cuts coupons, organizes them in a file, and saves us a lot of money.
10.  He can only wear one brand of underwear.  All the others just don't fit right.
11.  Right after he shaves, he still has a 5 o'clock shadow.
12.  When I'm mad, the first thing he always tries to do is make me laugh.  I hate it and love it at the same time.    
13. He always makes sure that we kiss at least once a day.
14. I love listening to him sing to Amelia.
15.  I guess I would just have to say watching him be a dad in general.  He is so involved and passionate about parenting. 
16. He won't watch a show saved on our DVR que until we can both watch it together. 
17. All I have to do is write a chore on his "honey do list" on the fridge and he does it.
18.  He always puts his family first.  Always.
19.  He's not cheap when it comes to providing for his family.
20.  Jimmy would prefer stay in and relax, rather than go out.
21. When it comes to our future, Jimmy loves to talk about our "master plan" and is obsessed about planing for retirement.  Our conversations go on for hours and I love it!
22.  He picks up on my sarcasm really well.
23. Jimmy's memory is insanely good.  He is so smart.
24. When Jimmy shops, he shops for "outfits."  Mr. Diva comes home with the complete package: shirt, pants, underwear, socks, and shoes.
25.  For whatever reason, for as long as I've known him, he's never used a bookmark.  He always uses a receipt or scrap piece of paper.
26. He makes me meals that he hates just because he knows that I love certain dishes (i.e meatloaf and beef stew).
27.  You know he's concentrating on something because his tongue sticks out.
28.  He still wears cargo shorts/pants and t-shirts... just like he did in high school.
29. When we're in bed, he walks to the bathroom to fart.
30.  Jimmy's voice goes up an octave when he's on the phone.
31.  His work ethic and determination is amazing.  (I'm super proud of how far he's gone in his career!) 
32.  He never forgets important dates like anniversaries, birthdays, first kiss, first date, etc.

Wow, I thought it would be hard to come up with things I love about Jimmy, but it wasn't that hard at all!  I could have actually added a few more.  I was on a roll! 

I love you Sir!  Amelia and I, and the kitties (little A too!) are so lucky to have you in our life.  Happy Birthday!!!!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I have to say that this almost made me tear up. Amazing that you found your soulmate when you were still a kid! You are a wonderful friend, wife and mother. Love ya bunches! Wendi