Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 29

I have been feeling well during the day.  However, once the evening comes around, I feel so sore and tired. My back is starting to ache too. Sleeping just gets more and more uncomfortable and to make things worse, I have to get up in the middle of the night several times to pee.  I'm also finding myself afraid of the dark... Jimmy was nice enough to put a night light in the bathroom for me so Bloody Mary wouldn't get me at night ;0)

Baby Alex is definitely on a schedule. He wakes up every morning around 6am to kick and punch me awake!  Amelia usually doesn't wake up until 7:15, so I just lay in bed and try to relax.  It's impossible to go back to sleep.  He's active after meal times and then I think he takes a karate class in the evening!  From the time after dinner to we go to bed, he is all over the place.

Our new van, Homer, has definitely made it easier to get Amelia and her stroller in and out of the car.  I never thought I would be so excited to drive a mini van.

I had a prenatal appointment this week and everything has been going okay.  His head is down and his bottom in on the left side of my belly.  I am measuring small (27 weeks) and I've almost gained 20 pounds.  I have to take my second gestational diabetes test next week.  I am just hoping and praying that I pass again, *fingers crossed.* 

They also want to do a second ultrasound on me sometime in the next two weeks.  They said it was precautionary, to make sure the baby is growing okay.  My doctor is worried because Amelia was so little, 5.5 pounds, when she was born at full term.  I don't mind because I want to make sure everything is going well and I think it will be cool to see Alex again.

I talked to a mid-wife about the possible potential for me to do a VBAC.  However, based on my previous delivery, complications, and the short length of time between Amelia and Alex, she said a scheduled c-section would be my best option.  I labored for 27 hours with Amelia and was stuck at 7 cm for about 14 hours.  Even though I had a c-section, she still had a "cone head" which means she was descending, but just couldn't make it though.  I guess my body is too little... even for a tiny little 5.5 pound Amelia.  They say typically that subsequent children tend to be larger too.

Week 29



No comments: