Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 27

Welcome third trimester!  OMG, time is just flying by...

Baby Alexander has been twisting and turning like crazy in my belly.  The kicks and punches are all felt in the lower part of my belly.  I haven't felt any kicks above my belly button.  He feels very very low.  It was the exact same way with Amelia.

At this point in the pregnancy our little man can now hear very well.  We started putting lullaby music up to my belly for him to listen too.  It's the same lullaby music Amelia listened to while she was in my belly.  Amelia still naps and goes to bed to the same songs and we will do the same with baby Alexander ;0)  In fact, Amelia is napping right now and I can hear the music!

At my last appointment, my doctor mentioned that my c-section scar was a lot longer than a normal one and asked if I had an emergency c-section with Amelia.  I had an unplanned c-section, but it was not an emergency situation, so I was troubled by her observation.  Argh, I was better off not knowing my scar was longer than normal :(

I'm starting to panic about the repeat c-section.  I've been asking around and have been surprised at how many friends have had repeat c-sections.  It made me feel better, like I wasn't in the minority.  Friends who've had repeat c-sections say a second, scheduled one is so much easier to recover from. 

I guess that makes sense since with Amelia I labored for 27 hours before the c-section.  I'm assuming my body won't be as exhausted and worn out this time around.  I also had clotting and bleeding issues after I had Amelia, so I had to have another, emergency procedure done just a few minutes after my c-section.  I'm am hoping and praying I don't have the same complications this time around.

I feel bad about saying this, but I'm also relieved that I won't have to go through labor.  Labor is no joke and was the most painful thing I ever experienced.  It's reassuring knowing that I won't be in that much pain, although recovering from a c-section is pretty bad too.

Well, that's all for now!  Until next week...

Week 27

No comments: