Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 18

You would think that chasing around an 11 month old all day would help distract me from this pregnancy.  Wrong.  It actually makes me think of it all the time.  Mostly because Amelia finds ways to climb onto my growing belly and the fact that I have less energy and more to manage.  Nursing is starting to get awkward and uncomfortable too. 

I thought my friends from play group and moms group would think I was crazy for having another child so close in age to Amelia.  I was surprised to find out that many of them were already trying or planning on starting within the next few months!  I'm excited because then there will be other little babies at our play dates.

They had suggested that I get a lifelike baby doll for Amelia to play with, to help with the transition.  Her reaction to the doll was very alarming to me.  She slapped it in the face several times and then threw it off to the side.  I thought this was maybe a one time thing, but time and time again, she does the same thing.  *Deep Breath* This may be harder than I thought!

My stomach continues to grow and I can feel my belly stretching and at times it gets really uncomfortable.  Even though I already have stretch marks from Amelia, I still cake on the lotion in hopes to prevent new stretch marks and also because it's so itchy. 

The baby is starting to kick more frequently and with stronger force.  However, the kicks aren't strong enough for Jimmy to feel yet, so I'm sad about that. 

Since last week, I've been keeping cookie dough in the fridge and making three fresh out of the oven cookies after dinner for dessert.  Mmmmmm.  So bad, but so good.  I didn't realize how important the cookie dough was to me until Jimmy grabbed a spoonful of raw cookie dough to snack on and I freaked out.  I made him double check to make sure there was enough left over for my daily dinner dessert. 

My ultrasound is scheduled for September 13.  I'm so excited.  I can't wait to find out if this little one is a boy or a girl.  I don't think I can wait another month.  It should have been scheduled earlier (at 20 weeks), but because the hospital is moving locations and combining with another hospital, their scheduling is very limited.  Argh.

No comments: