Amelia and I had a great visit with family in Spokane (in July). It would have been a better trip if Jimmy had been able to join us, but we made the best of the situation. We had a good time and I'm glad Amelia was able to meet more family members and our friends from Spokane.
I wasn't used to all the help with the baby. Wow, having family around to help is amazing! It was a whole new world for me! I am so used to Jimmy and I handling everything on our own.
It was so weird to have people change diapers and babysit. Even just watching Amelia while I ran a quick errand, showered, or even used the bathroom was something I had to get used to. Jimmy and I usually have to shuffle her back and forth.
I really felt like I was bothering my family when they would help me out and I didn't want them to think I was lazy, ha ha ha. But, of course, everyone was more than happy to help. Jimmy and I have had a total of three date nights since Amelia was born. So, when I was able to meet up with friends or do things on my own, it felt very strange!
I decided to use disposable diapers during our vacation because I thought it would be easier. However, Amelia's little bottom was not used to the chemicals used in disposables, so her bottom got a little red. It didn't seem to bother her, but I just couldn't believe that just a few days of disposables would make such a difference.
The other thing that was alarming to me was that I spent almost $50 on diapers for just two weeks. That's just crazy to me! I'm never complaining about the extra load of laundry we have to do every other day... the extra chore is totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment