I'm starting to get my energy back! I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I've started the weaning process with Amelia. She is down to 2-3 nursing sessions per day (from 4-5) and now drinks whole milk. I am proud to say that Jimmy and I didn't spend a penny on formula ;0) Combined with the cloth diapers, Amelia's "overhead" costs have been minimal, ha ha ha. We even joke that our three cats have more monthly expenses (litter & food) than the baby.
I truly hope I can find success with breastfeeding the new baby. I struggled a lot in the beginning with Amelia, so I'm really worried. It's going to be a lot more difficult because I have to care for Amelia at the same time. I guess we will see how it goes! I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself, but it's hard not to.
I truly hope I can find success with breastfeeding the new baby. I struggled a lot in the beginning with Amelia, so I'm really worried. It's going to be a lot more difficult because I have to care for Amelia at the same time. I guess we will see how it goes! I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself, but it's hard not to.
My appetite comes and goes, which worries me. I can go hours without getting hungry and feel fine. Then, when I get hungry, I eat and eat and eat! Sometimes I force myself to snack on food, but it just makes me feel nauseated. I just worry about the baby. So far, this baby loves burritos, soup and fruit. Those are the only cravings that I've had.
I had a prenatal checkup this week and it seems that everything is going well. My appointment was literally 2 minutes long! They checked the baby's heartbeat, told me I had passed my gestational diabetes test and asked me if I had any questions. Then it was over.
They will schedule my ultrasound to determine the gender between 20-22 weeks. So, it looks like that will be around the first part of September. I can't wait! I would love love love Amelia to have a sister because my sister and I are so close. I would love for her to have that same sisterly bond that I have with Jessica. On the other hand, a boy would be just as awesome because, well, we don't have a boy! It would be fun to raise one of each and experience both genders.
Well, basically, what I'm trying to say is that we really don't have a gender preference this time around. We just knew we wanted to have at least one girl in our family and we have that with Amelia. Everything else is just icing on the cake! We are so blessed.
Since I don't have diabetes with this pregnancy, I have a feeling I'm going to gain more weight since I don't have to diet. I remember with Amelia, I was so hungry at times that I would cry! Now, the flood gates have opened and there is a potential for disaster, ha ha ha.

No comments:
Post a Comment