Thursday, August 4, 2011

Picnic Playdate

I have the best mommy friends ever.  Our kids are all about the same age, so it's the best.  We get together at least one or two times a week and in the last year we have gotten really close.  They have really helped me enjoy motherhood and all it has to offer. 

I think being around a group of people who are going through the exact same thing has kept me from feeling isolated and feel "normal."  There were times that I felt as if nobody else knew what I was going though.  They have really grounded me and kept me from thinking I was going crazy, ha ha ha.

I also feel like I have so much in common with these women because we were all professionals who have chosen to postpone our careers to start a family.  They are all so encouraging and supportive, especially when I start to have doubts about leaving my job or feeling insecure. 

I always forget to take pictures during our play dates, but someone started taking pictures, so prompted me to do so.  Our camera is broken, so I took these pics with my phone.  The weather has been dreadfully hot, but we decided to try to meet at the park since it was only going to be in the low 90's.  We met up early in the morning, so it was cool and breezy. 

The kids enjoyed themselves very much.  Amelia ate grass and dirt.  She was also super obsessed with the balloons ("boons") and kept stealing the other kids' toys.  She also kept on "petting" the kids like she pets our kitties.  She cracks me up.




No comments: