Baby MJ is the size of a Sweet Potato... how sweet!

According to the "Ultimate Man's Guide to Baby Sizes" the baby is also the size of a
Small Electric Razor
Week 18 was a slow week! I just can't believe I'm almost halfway to baby ;0) The movement from the baby this week has been much stronger. I don’t just feel the fluttery motions anymore. I now feel full on bumps and pushes in my belly. It’s such a weird feeling, but I love it. It just makes everything feel so real!
I had a very successful shopping session on Saturday. I looked up all the baby consignment shops in my area and had a blast. I got some great deals on some cute maternity clothes and checked out the baby items as well. I don’t want to make any baby purchases until Jimmy gets back, but I now have a good idea of which consignment stores are the best. This one in my favorite: http://www.wiggleroom.biz/
I’m super excited about my trip to Texas tomorrow! I’m eager to see what Jimmy thinks of my 5 pound, 5 month baby bump. It’s almost like he’s meeting the baby for the first time. When he left for training a few months ago, I wasn’t showing at all. I send him pictures, but it’s not the same until you see it in person. I’m also ready to be together again; it’s so hard to be apart. Even though he leaves a lot for Army stuff, I’ll never get used to it.
We have tons of great friends in San Antonio too. We consider them all to be like our second family. I’ve also been anticipating a trip to Rudy’s BBQ, which has the best BBQ I’ve ever eaten. The brisket and cream corn is amazing. I already told Jimmy that I want to go there at least two times during our brief visit in Texas ;0)
On Tuesday, we’ll be leaving for our epic road trip to Washington (state). I can’t wait to see my family! They’re throwing us a party/baby shower, since this will be our last trip home before the baby is born. I am just excited to finally relax and be with the people I love.
We’re going to drive Jimmy’s truck to Washington (state) and then leave it with his family when we fly back to DC. We’ve realized that we only need one car in DC. I think in the 3 months that Jimmy’s been gone, I’ve driven maybe 10 times. I take the Metro everywhere or walk.
This trip is bittersweet because I do not want to leave the kitties. I love them so much and wish I could bring them with me. I just can’t believe I have to be away from them for 2 weeks. They saw my suitcase and they know something’s up. Once I start packing tonight, I know they will start acting up. I’m so sad. However, we have a great kitty sitter, so I know they’ll be in good hands.
I’ve been really tired this week, but I think it’s because I’ve been fighting off a really bad cold and sore throat. It just sucks because I can’t take any medication to ease my symptoms. I was hoping I would be healthy by now, but that’s not the case. I’m feeling wretched. I have a feeling my flight tomorrow is going to be miserable. Oh well, nothing else I can do now but push through.
Day 1, Week 19
You can tell I'm sick from my eyes :(
I'm just happy that I still fit into one of my favorite dresses.
.jpg)
2 comments:
I love the picture! Such a cute baby bump!!!! Keep them coming! :-)
When do you guys find out if little MJ will play for the Mariners or Storm? Since you're already going on a massive roadtrip up to Washington, you should just keep heading north and roll into Alaska. It's only like 2500 more miles.
Get your sleep now while you can. Abe was real good at sleeping early on, but now he doesn't like to sleep in his crib, only in your arms. At 3am you're ready for him to go down on his own.
Post a Comment