We are having a small birthday party for Amelia on Friday. Our main goal was to make it "baby friendly" since it will be her day. Since she loves her classes at The Little Gym, we decided that would be the perfect place.
Amelia and 12 of her closest baby friends will get the whole gym to themselves. They will have special games and activities for the kids and then we will have cupcakes and baby snacks. It will be pretty low key, but I know the kiddos will enjoy themselves.
We decided on doing a barnyard theme, since Amelia loves animals. However, The Little Gym party package is pretty much all inclusive (thank goodness!), but what few items we need to set up, we used our theme. I also ordered birthday cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake (and some red velvet ones for me!).
I know I'm going to be an emotional mess. Whenever Jimmy and I start talking about her birthday and I can't help but get teary eyed. I'm going to do the best I can to not cry during her party! I'll probably be a blubbery mess all weekend, ha ha ha.
Amelia's birthday party is on the 19th, but her actual birthday is on Saturday, August 20. My mother-in-law, sister and her boyfriend will make the cross country trip to celebrate with us and we are so thankful!
I will probably bake a special cake (or cupcakes) for Amelia's actual birthday and we will spend quality time with our family. If the weather is nice, we are thinking of taking her to The National Zoo. She loves any type of animal, so we know she would have fun.
After Amelia goes to bed (leaving her in the capable loving hands of her Nana), Jimmy and I are going to celebrate ourselves (for making it through her first year!) by going to a baseball game with my sister and her boyfriend. It should be a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment