Friday, March 26, 2010

Week 17

Baby MJ is the size of an Onion... I'm so happy I could cry!

According to the "Ultimate Man's Guide to Baby Sizes" the baby is also the size of a Hockey Puck. 
C-A-P-S, Caps, Caps, Caps!  I'm sure this baby will have some Washington Capitals baby clothes from daddy ;0)

Cute maternity dresses and skirts are so hard to find! I HATE wearing pants and shorts, and I can only tolerate Capri pants if necessary. Most dresses and skirts I find are super tacky and anything cute/wearable I find is really expensive. I’ve also been checking consignment stores and eBay, but am still not having much luck.

Last weekend I went shopping with some friends. It was sort of depressing because I can’t really go into my favorite stores since I can’t buy regular clothes right now. So, I focused on the one thing that I know will fit me… SHOES!

There was one maternity store in the mall, so we went there. It was really overwhelming! I had trouble finding anything normal looking; everything looked so tacky. Then, my friends were pointing out the breast pumps, maternity thongs, and nipple creams and I got really freaked out. In the end, my wonderful friends gave me a little pep talk and I was able to focus. I got a new dress and a blouse for work. They’re still a little too big for me, so I’ll have to wait a few weeks/months to wear them.

I also went to The Body Shop to get my hair products and decided to see if they had any lotions or creams to prevent stretch marks. I read that stretch marks are genetic and rubbing lotion on your belly is proven not to prevent them, but hey… you can’t blame a girl for trying!! Anyways, I ended up buying a $16 bottle of lotion (It’s really cool; it’s packaged like a deodorant stick and isn't sticky); call me a sucker, but I know I’m not the first (or last) to ever do so.

I’m so excited because I have only one more week until I get to see Jimmy and two weeks to see my family. Like I said before, Jimmy knocked me up and left me! I know he can’t help it and that he had to leave because of work, but the timing was awful! We found out about the baby around Christmas time and then he left in January.

I really think once I see Jimmy, my family, and my close friends that this pregnancy will really sink in. I honestly feel like I’ve been going at this whole thing by myself. I feel like I’m on auto-pilot sometimes. I know the real emotions will come out when I’m with the people I love. (It’s kind of like when you fall off your bike, pick yourself up, and ride home hurt and in pain. At home, your parent’s ask you what happened and that’s when you start bawling and freaking out.)

I’ve already been having dreams about the baby. In fact, last night, I had a dream that my belly was see-through and I could see the baby through my skin. It was weird. I’ve also had two dreams about having twins and a dream about having a deformed baby. It’s all really disturbing, but I read that it’s very common.

People always ask me how I’m feeling, so here’s the update. I’ve been feeling okay. I’m still really tired all the time and I’ve been still getting severe headaches. I called in sick on Wednesday; I just felt like crap. I still crave Simply Lemonade and drink it often ;0) I’ve been having bigger breakfasts, so I think my appetite is increasing.  My belly feels really, really tight right after I eat and I think I’ve gained about 4 pounds.  I've been feeling crampy and have some pain in my abdomen area on occasion, but nothing too serious.

Most of my regular clothes still fit and I'm going to try to wear them as long as possible.  However, I have been incorporating some maternity items into my wardrobe.  The maternity clothes are more comfortable, especially the pants ;0)


Day 1, Week 18 Belly Shot
Jimmy helped me pick out this maternity dress in January before he left for training.

2 comments:

Emily Locke said...

You're such an adorable pregnant lady! Do you have a b band? That helps make your regular clothes fit a bit longer. I know what you mean about the maternity clothes. I remember thinking that they were all such ugly looking circus tents, but then sadly one day they all fit.

Mary said...

Yup, I have the Bella Band and it's been very useful. It helps me fit into my regular pants and skirts. You are right... I look at the maternity clothes and always think they look huge, but then my friends are quick to remind me that I'll be able to fit into them soon, yikes! I just wish they had more plain, normal styles.