Thursday, July 29, 2010

Maternity Leave

I have been enjoying my job at The National Institutes of Health (NIH) very much. I've finally gotten into a groove and don't feel quite as overwhelmed as I used to. Starting in August, I'll be working from home more often and probably won't be working the full 40 hours per week. I have been so fortunate that my supervisors have been so flexible with my schedule. I'll be in my 9th month of pregnancy and I just want to take it a little easy before the baby comes.

Amelia is due in just 36 days!

I'm so looking forward to my 12 week maternity leave. Jimmy will be taking two weeks off initially and then a few weeks here and there for the first few months. Our families will also be visiting during the first few months to help us out too. I just know it's going to be tough since Jimmy and I don't really have a support system here in DC established yet.

If Amelia comes on time, I'll probably go back to work the first week of December. When I go back to work, I'll be working just 2 days a week, so I'm excited for my part-time schedule. I'm just hoping I can balance my job and being a good mom successfully. I'm so ready to switch my focus in my life to our little family.

Here's a picture of the building I work in. You can also see a little glimpse of the NIH campus.
The Mark O. Hatfield Clinical Research Center

No comments: