The last three months have been action packed and very busy for us. We have loved travelling, having overnight guests, visitors, get togethers, parties, lunches, and dinners with friends and family. Jimmy and I have definitely been social butterflies in recent months. DC has been a great move for us and has made so many people accessible to us. If you're ever in town, look us up!
Rudy enjoying the crib
Having said all that, July 4th weekend was the first weekend in almost 3 months that we've had COMPLETELY to ourselves. I did not leave the apartment! In fact, I don't even think I got out of my pajamas ;0) Jimmy left twice, once to buy groceries and another time go to the gym, but other than that, we were hermits. It was awesome.
I spent most of the time with my feet up and taking naps whenever I wanted. I regained lots of my energy and all my swelling went away! I lost almost 2 pounds. I'm assuming the weight loss is from my body returning back to normal size once the swelling subsided. My shoes fit again, yay!
I'm so happy to have week 32 under my belt and I'm now officially in my 8th month of pregnancy. It's kind of scary to think we have less than 60 days until my due date. My co workers and mother-in-law all think I'm going to have the baby early, so I guess we'll have to see what happens!
This month is jam packed with baby related classes and medical appointments. It makes me so thankful that we got most of the baby items early. The only large items we need to take care of are deciding on which bottles and diapers to use. I definitely want to breastfeed, but want to be prepared with bottle options if it doesn't work out. Jimmy and I are going to a cloth diapering seminar next week, so that will help us make a decision on that too. I'm pretty sure we want to at least try cloth diapers, but we want to go to the seminar and meet other people who have or are currently using them, learn how to use them properly, and check out the products before committing.
In Jimmy news, he recently purchased Lullaby Renditions of Bob Marley for Mia. He's also going through this 80's music phase, so insists that we play 80's rock ballads to my belly. He's also hoping that Mia will be a karaoke lover like us. One of Jimmy's signature karaoke songs is "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" by Air supply, so he's been playing that all the for her time too.
I've been feeling so much better! I just have to takes things a lot slower and I get tired easily. I really think all the swelling I had was from being outside and on the go for the past few weeks. The carpal tunnel hurts the most in the morning, but by the afternoon, my hands feel so much better. I also feel lots of pressure in my lower abdomen, but that's normal. So far, I've got the gestational diabetes under control; my sugar levels are right on track. It's just been really hard to cut down on carbs/sugar and I hate waiting 2 hours between meals and snacks. Things, in general, are going pretty smoothly.
Mia's kicks are focused on the right side of my belly and she gets the hiccups at least once a day. When she moves, it deforms my whole belly and freaks me out a lot. I'm always scared I'm going to hurt her in some way. I'm so looking forward to meeting her, but I will really really miss her when she's not in my belly anymore too. Is that weird? I love having her with me all the time ;0)
I've been feeling so much better! I just have to takes things a lot slower and I get tired easily. I really think all the swelling I had was from being outside and on the go for the past few weeks. The carpal tunnel hurts the most in the morning, but by the afternoon, my hands feel so much better. I also feel lots of pressure in my lower abdomen, but that's normal. So far, I've got the gestational diabetes under control; my sugar levels are right on track. It's just been really hard to cut down on carbs/sugar and I hate waiting 2 hours between meals and snacks. Things, in general, are going pretty smoothly.
Mia's kicks are focused on the right side of my belly and she gets the hiccups at least once a day. When she moves, it deforms my whole belly and freaks me out a lot. I'm always scared I'm going to hurt her in some way. I'm so looking forward to meeting her, but I will really really miss her when she's not in my belly anymore too. Is that weird? I love having her with me all the time ;0)
33 1/2 weeks
1 comment:
It is NOT weird to miss being pregnant with her once you have her. Perfectly normal! Breastfeeding ROCKS (never thought I would say that) but definitely have her used to taking a bottle from other people than yourself. Brian didn't really help me with this and we are now having issues with Tristan not taking the bottle from the sitter so it is VERY important to have her used to a bottle. Another important thing....a GOOD BREAST PUMP, one that is dual (does both of the girls at one time) and ELECTRIC. Not sure about the cloth diapers, my Mother did it for the twins and hated it...but they make awesome burp cloths :-). Your pics are great, you look beautiful and totally rocked the baby belly in your maternity swimsuit :-). Miss you bunches!
Post a Comment