Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 22


Now that we know we are having another boy, we have been super busy preparing the house for his arrival.  We have been going through all our baby items in storage, sorting through bins of baby clothes, toys, and navigating through a sea of baby gear in the garage.

It's been very emotional for me.  It's been hard to go through Amelia's old clothes.  It's amazing how many memories I have associated with her little outfits and shoes. I've given some clothes away to friends and donated a bunch.  I do have a few special outfits set aside.  I plan to either pass those clothes onto my potential future nieces and in the far far far future.... my potential granddaughters! 

Alex's clothes were fun to go through.  I wasn't as emotional about it because they are getting used in the near future.  Once this baby grows out of them and I will have do the same thing.... cry and choose a few outfits as keepsakes for our family.

So yes, this baby will most likely be our last.  At least that's the way we are treating it as of now.  I am well aware that things may change, but for now, we are DONE ;0)  

We have already started the process of moving Alex and Amelia into the same room.  The bunk beds are set up and we are trying to get everything to fit in their tiny room.  Alex and Amelia were so excited about the bunk bed, but both of the wanted to sleep on the bottom bunk.  However, after some bribing, ha ha, Alex finally agreed to take the top bunk.  

They have been sleeping together for the past week.  They have so much fun together.  In fact, too much fun.  Now that they are in the same room, all they want to do is talk and play together, so it's been a challenge to get them to sleep.  

Amelia:  I want to share my bunk bed with Justin Beiber (the name she's given to her littlest brother). Alex can share with Nikki Minaj (the name she's given to her future sister).  My other two brothers (not born yet?) will share a bunk bed too.

Alex: On August 16, the baby will come out of your belly like a submarine.  It will crash out of your belly like that.


No comments: