It's been so hot the past few weeks. I try to get the kids out to play in the morning, but even then it's still too hot to be outside. We don't have any trees on the property, so shade is hard to come by! Amelia goes to bed by 7pm, so by the time it starts to cool down, she's in bed. It's very frustrating and I hope that the weather cools off soon.
Of course, being at home all day makes it difficult when they can't get outside. The day just drags on. I've been doing the best I can to find activities for the kids, but the resources here are very limited compared to DC. It's been a difficult adjustment, but I'm hopeful that we'll find a good routine soon. *fingers crossed*
We tried a few activities around town and on post, but I'm not too impressed with what we've done so far. It's been very disappointing. I have plans to check out a few other activities, so hopefully we'll find some fun things to do throughout the week. I'm also on the fence about a playgroup I joined. However, I plan to attend a few more activities to see if it will be a good fit.
On a positive note, I found an indoor play space for toddlers just a few miles from our house. (Well, everything is just a few miles from our house, ha ha.) It's awesome. It has several themed rooms for the kids to play in like a fire station, diner, grocery store, veterinary clinic, beauty shop, puppet stage, and a two room play house. There are also plenty of cool toys to play with too. There is also a baby area, so once Alex becomes mobile, he'll have a place to play too. Amelia had a blast!
We've enrolled the kids in the hourly care program at Fort Campbell. I plan to take them there once a week for a few hours so I can get a break. We toured Amelia's classroom and she seemed to be impressed with it. Hopefully, she'll be just as excited when she's there on her own.
The infant room was nice. Although, I'm super nervous about leaving Alex, especially since he doesn't take a bottle very well. I think he's only had 6 or 7 bottles, ever. I also need to start pumping because I only have 4 ozs of frozen milk. Argh.
Ideally, we want them to be with an FCC provider (We miss you Barbara!), but we still have to interview a few and make a decision. It would be nice to find someone in our neighborhood.
I am missing DC, our playgroups, and our friends there more than ever. There is so much to do in DC! We had the opposite problem; we had to pick in chose which things we wanted to do each day. It was very rare that we spent the whole day at home.
I'm trying to stay positive. I know it's always difficult in the beginning. We've moved so many times and I've had these feelings before, so they are all too familiar. However, I know in my heart that things will get better.
A few pictures from the indoor play area
Play House- nursery
Play House- kitchen
Beauty Shop
Grocery Store
Play area
Amelia is wearing a waitress outfit she got from the diner area.
Amelia is wearing a waitress outfit she got from the diner area.





2 comments:
Where did you find that? I didnt know anything like that existed.
It's called Kids n Play and it's right by Sam's Club.
Post a Comment