Our firstborn is almost two! I know it's still a few months away, but I know time will fly and her birthday will be here before we know it. We've planned a family beach vacation in Florida to celebrate her birthday. My sister, her boyfriend, and my mother-in-law will be joining us. They were all here for her birthday last year, so it has become somewhat of a tradition ;0) We are so looking forward to August.
What is Amelia like at 21.5 months?
Amelia loves to sing. She especially loves nursery rhymes. Once the song is over, she screams "Again!" over and over. Sometimes we sing songs 10 times before she gets tired of them. It's exhausting, but Alex likes it too, so it's something that keeps them both occupied, so that's a plus.
Amelia is a fashionista. The first thing she likes to do most mornings is put on a necklace. She will keep it on most of the day and if we go out, I let her keep it on. She also enjoys picking out her outfits. Her favorite accessory has to be her baby legs. She has about 20 pairs with crazy colors and designs. She doesn't know about matching her outfits together, so what she comes up with is quite unique. Also, she's a true girly-girl with a passion for shoes! Sometimes we do a shoe change several times a day.
Amelia loves to dance. She seems to have a preference for hip hop and dance-techno music. We listen to pop music on the TV/radio and you can definitely tell she has her favorite songs! She has several cute dance moves. She also likes kid songs that have movements she can follow: Itsy Bitsy Spider, Rock-A-Bye Your Bear, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, etc.
Amelia loves hide-and-seek. She doesn't know how to tell me she's starting the game, but I can usually figure it out because she's hiding behind a door. I just hear giggling and squealing. I scream out, "Amelia, where are you?" and she screams and giggles even louder in delight. I pretend to not know where she is and go from room to room calling her name. Eventually she can't stand it any longer and jumps out from behind the door to surprise me. It's adorable.
Amelia has a kind heart. The first time she broke a crayon she ran over to me, held out the two pieces, and looked very confused. I told her it was broken and she looked at me and said "crayon, owie?" I nodded and she proceeded to kiss the crayon, stroked it gently, and told it, "It's okay." At that moment, my heart melted.
Amelia is silly. This has to do with our bedtime routine. Amelia usually requests several kisses from everyone: Alex, Jimmy and myself. For example: She requests "Daddy" and then leans in for a big kiss while saying "mmmwwwaaahhh." After she gets a few kisses from all of us, she proceeds to say all the OTHER things she would like to give a goodnight kiss to. Sure enough, she needs to kiss all those things too before bed.
Some silly examples (She really does kiss them!): banana, necklace, dirty cloth diaper, two floor pillows, the number and letter decals on the wall, wooden hippo, the diaper Alex is currently wearing, various shoes, small vase, ceramic cat, our cats, and cookie monster toothbrush. There are plenty more silly things, but that's all I can think of right now. She does it every night and she never ceases to amaze Jimmy and I with all the crazy stuff she comes up with.
No comments:
Post a Comment