Friday, July 22, 2011

Seeing Double

Reality is starting to sink in... we are going to have two babies in the house!  When Amelia and I got back from our trip, Jimmy had the nursery set up with two cribs and the double stroller put together. 

Seeing the two cribs in the nursery was a little intimidating and it makes me wonder how difficult it will be to care for two young children. I'll post some pics of the nursery as soon as we are done tweaking it. I want to rearrange the furniture and change a few things in the room first.

The new stroller is badd azz, ha ha ha.  Since we loved our single stroller, we got the same brand only the upgraded version.  It's called the City Select and it's really cool because it can be used as a single or a double stroller.  Although we love love love our City Mini, we are going to sell it and use the City Select as a single until the new baby is born.

We bought the extra seat, but our Maxi-Cosi infant car seat is also compatible, so until the new baby can sit up on their own, we can attach the car seat and Amelia has the option of sitting forward or backward (row 2, column 1 OR row 2, column 3).  There are actually more than 16 ways you can configure the stroller... it's soooo cool!  Here are a few examples:

My favorite is row 2, column 2.  I just imagine the kids staring at each other. 

Amelia and I walk and take the Metro everywhere, so we will get good use out of it. I guess I'm assuming we'll keep up our on-the-go pace once the new baby arrives... or at least I hope so!  Jimmy also got Amelia's new car seat, it took him two days of research, but he finally decided on the Britax Advocate.  It is huge compared to the infant car seat, but she fits in it well. Our little Acura is starting to get tight!


Checking out her new ride

Our first outing with the new stroller!  For now, we will use it as a single stroller, but next year we will have two kiddos riding. 
After visiting daddy, she's out like a light after a long, cool walk around Walter Reed Hospital.  The current heat wave has prevented us from taking outside walks all week.  Today, it was 106 degrees outside- but probably more hot if you add the heat index.

Amelia and her dolly, Mirabelle

Here's a sneak peak at the playroom.  We all love it!  Amelia loves her new play area and we like the fact that we now have a dedicated area for all her stuff.  All the new furniture is there, but I still have a lot of organizing and decorating to do.  It was tough to pick a theme, but we finally decided on an alphabet motif using primary colors.  I'll post pics once it's finished!

All her board books are finally organized!  However, she loves to pull them off the shelves so they don't stay organized for long.

We opted for open shelving so she could get to her toys easily

TV for watching Barney

Toy box/bench is filled with all her stuffed friends

No comments: