Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lehman, Party of FOUR!

Our family continues to grow!  Amelia is going to be a big sister!  We are expecting another little Lehman in January 2012.  We are thrilled, excited...... frightened and nervous, ha ha ha! 

At first, we only told our immediate family and a few close friends.  It's been so hard to keep it a secret these last few months!  In fact, Jimmy has slipped up a few times in front of our friends, but they never caught on.  Nobody knew we were trying and I don't think anyone was even expecting me to be pregnant, so it was a complete surprise to everyone.  Now that I've started my second trimester, we are now happy to share our news!

We had made the decision years ago that we wanted our children to be close together in age.  So, I know you all are thinking it, but yes, this was definitely a planned pregnancy ;0)

Being somewhat of an experienced mom (Although I'd still catagorize myself as a "new mom."), I now know kind of what to expect... I think knowing what's coming with a new baby is what makes me nervous!  Then, add Amelia the diva to the mix!  By then, she'll be running around and getting into trouble.  We will have our hands full since Amelia and the new baby will only be 17 months apart.

Even though we were "trying," I was still in complete shock!  It happened within my first cycle of trying, so it was unexpected, especially since I'm still breastfeeding.  (I guess it's supposed to be a lot harder to get pregnant if you're still breastfeeding.)  We thought it would take several months to get pregnant... not 3 weeks, ha ha ha. 

I found out I was pregnant on May 12, just a few days after Mother's Day. I just had a feeling something was up and I took a pregnancy test. I *thought* it was negative because a single line (indicating "not pregnant") popped up immediately. I stepped away from the bathroom to do some chores. When I went back in to throw away the test, I saw that there were TWO lines! Since Jimmy works in the lab, we have like 50 pregnancy tests in the house, so I took several other pregnancy tests just to be sure.  I was in shock.  I couldn't believe it.

Amelia goes to a babysitter for a few hours on Thursdays and Jimmy was at work, so I was all alone and feeling like I was going to explode!  I wanted Jimmy to know first, but I didn't want to tell Jimmy over the phone.  I called him at work and asked if he wanted to meet up for lunch. 

I took two tests, wrapped them up in a little box with the estimated due date written on the inside.  I had done the same thing with the positive pregnancy tests for Amelia. Click here to read about how I told Jimmy about the first pregnancy.  When I met Jimmy in his office I just wanted to blurt it out, I was so anxious.  He had no clue what I was about to tell him.


When we were in the dining hall, Jimmy could tell I was acting weird because I was stressing out about finding the perfect place to sit, ha ha ha.  Before we started eating, I gave him the box.  It took him a few seconds to realize what was happening.  He was surprised and thrilled!  We both tried to keep it together since we were in a public place, but it was a great moment.

We are so excited!  Amelia is going to be a great big sister!  I'm due on January 20, 2012.  However, since I'm having a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks (due to complications with my last delivery), the baby probably be born around January 12 or so... unless I go into labor before then.

I'm 13 weeks now, but these are the most recent pics of Baby Lehman I have:

Week 11
Baby and Heartbeat

No comments: