The course itself was super easy compared to others that I have been through. We learned basic command structure, troop leading procedures, levels of medical care and medical organizational structure just to name a few of the topics. The most beneficial part of courses like this are the contacts you make for the future. The Army is a very large organization, but the medical corps is pretty small compared to the rest and you would be surprised at how often you run into people you know.
The majority of the course was done in the classroom but we did spend 3 weeks in the field. I admit that I never look forward to that portion, but in the end it is always where you have the most fun. I've added some pictures from the experience.
(Playing a game of Spades. We had days in the field where this is what we did ALL day.)
(Acting stupid with chemical gear on.)
(This stuff is normally a pain in the heat, but in the winter it isn't a problem at all.)
(Unpacking stuff in the tent.)
(Putting my gas mask together.)
(Some of our classes were in mass, so we did them in large auditoriums.)
(Posing with Jade and Amanda on our last day in the field.)
(On our "road march." I say that because we only had backpacks on and it was only 3.5 miles. Not too hard at all.)
(A snapshot during medical in-processing at Brooke Army Medical Center, my old work.)
(Coming out of the gas chamber. Not one of my favorite parts.)
(Like I said, we had wayyyyy too much free time on some days.)
(This was at the shooting range. I got stuck filling magazines for awhile.)
(One of our many many formations.)













3 comments:
I hope you clean up at Spades. Do you play crazy Army rules, or is like we used to play? Can't believe you get paid to play Spades while I get to look at semen....
Hell yeah I clean up on spades. I don't like the crazy "Joker Joker Duece" Army rules, so when I play we play the same as in Whitman. The one good thing about these schools is that they get me out of the lab so I can do other things, like play spades. :)
The last photo caption should say "On the command of what's up...."
Post a Comment