Baby MJ is the size of a cantaloupe!
A cantaloupe… wow, that’s huge. In fact, before writing this blog I watched Jimmy chop up a cantaloupe for me. I felt kind of weird about it, knowing our baby was the same size. It felt even wackier when I ate the whole thing! Yup, I ate the whole cantaloupe all by myself. Does that mean I now have TWO cantalopes in my belly???
A cantaloupe… wow, that’s huge. In fact, before writing this blog I watched Jimmy chop up a cantaloupe for me. I felt kind of weird about it, knowing our baby was the same size. It felt even wackier when I ate the whole thing! Yup, I ate the whole cantaloupe all by myself. Does that mean I now have TWO cantalopes in my belly???
According to the "Ultimate Man's Guide to Baby Sizes" the baby is also the size of a
Good Size Boob.
Of course, Jimmy thought this was awesome. Is a "good sized boob" the size of a cantaloupe?? Wow, that's the size of a gigantic boob to me! I wonder what the ultimate man guide would say about my A cups?? (I'm guessing it would probably be week 12, a "good size Mary boob.")
Week 20 was an eventful week. I’m so glad it’s over and I can now say I’m more than half way through this pregnancy.
Most of the week, I was still in Washington hanging out with my family. My family was nice enough to have a baby shower for me last weekend. Jimmy was cool enough to join the ladies and participated in the baby games. In true Jimmy style, he became super competitive and it was hilarious. The funniest part about it was that he didn’t win a single game. He also shocked us all when he thought a baby bottle cleaner was a mini toilet bowl cleaner.
The biggest news is that during my 2 week vacation I “accidentally” gained 7-8 pounds! Ooops!!! I freaked out when I stepped on the scale. I couldn’t believe it! I had been feeling a lot of pressure, my belly and back was super itchy, and I was getting tired so easily. Oh yeah, and my belly button was sticking out more than usual. I figured it was because I pushing myself too hard because we were so busy during our vacation. Oh well, I just have to keep things under control from here on out.
Now that Jimmy’s back, we can finally focus on getting ready for this baby. We’ve been looking into all the baby items we will need. There is so much to choose from, so it’s very overwhelming. We don’t even know where to start!
It’s so nice to have Jimmy home with me. He’s really stepped it up and is taking good care of me. I know he’s trying to make up for the three months he was in Texas for training. He’s been cleaning, cooking, giving me massages, and basically just doing everything for me. I love it! I admit that I do take advantage of the situation, but hey… I deserve it ;0)
I’m hoping that getting back on my regular healthy food and exercise routine will give me some much needed energy and help me get my weight gain under control. I’ve been home since Wednesday and I’m already feeling better. I still have my cravings for Simply Lemonade and I’ve been peeing at least every hour (which is annoying, especially when we go out). Other than that, I am happy to say that I have no other weird symptoms to report!
Here a pic with my new, much larger belly!
21 Weeks
21 Weeks

.jpg)
1 comment:
That's awesome that you downed a whole cantaloupe! They were probably my only craving I had while I was pregnant. We'd buy them in 3 packs at costco every week. I'm glad jimmy's taking good care of you!
Post a Comment