I had seen a post on Pinterest about writing to Disney and decided to try it out.
Amelia and I wrote a letter to her favorite Disney characters, Princess Ariel and Prince Eric. It was hilarious. In the letter, Amelia told Ariel she loved her red hair and wanted Eric to know that she wanted to give him a hug. I wrote a simple letter to Lightning McQueen from Alex just stating how much he loved cars and how he always carries cars with him wherever he goes.
Ahhh, the magic of childhood innocence...
About five weeks later, we heard back from Disney. When the postcards came in, I left them in the mailbox so the kids would be the ones to discover their special surprise mail.
Since Amelia is older, she definitely understood what was happening more than Alex. We had been waiting and talking about it for weeks. It also provided a great lesson on the mail system!
She was just so excited that the princesses sent her a card! She touched and studied each and every one of their signatures. The thing that impressed her the most was that she recognized her own name on the back of the card.
Alex seemed to recognize the characters on the card. I think he was excited because he mimicked the emotions Amelia was feeling.
Alex felt special to have received a card in the mail too!
All the pictures in the world couldn't capture the excited Amelia had... and continues to have as she carries the card everywhere with her still.
She keeps it under her pillow at night and in her backpack when she goes to preschool.

No comments:
Post a Comment