It's hard to leave her when she's feeling sad, but I honestly think the dramatic goodbyes fall perfectly in sync with Amelia's dramatic personality. Her preschool teacher even says she can tell it's just for show, sort of a last ditch effort for attention.
Amelia has been adjusting well. We notice she is a lot more talkative and she asks a lot more questions about random things when she's at home. Her teacher even mentioned that Amelia talks her ear off, despite being the youngest one in class.
When she comes home from school I ask her tons of questions in order to get a little glimpse of what she is up to at school. I would give anything to be a fly on the wall in her classroom to observe her!
She tells me about her friends, what themes they are learning about, what everybody is wearing, how many times she slid down the slide, etc. I absolutely can't get enough of it! I love hearing all her little stories.
Our main concern was that Amelia would not be mature enough to hang with the older kids. However, after the first week, the teacher said that Amelia has a "strong" personality and is able to keep up with the older students just fine. Jimmy and I laughed because "strong" personality leaves a lot for interpretation. We are sure is some sort of code phrase that's politically correct for saying our child is a brat, ha ha.
First homework assignment...
Jimmy had a 24 hour shift, so we went to visit him at the hospital. Of course, Amelia had to bring her homework so daddy could help her with it.
Yay!



No comments:
Post a Comment