Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Fun

Fall is upon us and weather has been great.  The kids and I spent most of today outside.  I'm so looking forward to more days like this.

We had a simple scavenger hunt around our cul de sac.  We collected leaves, dandelions, and rocks, and counted garbage cans, mailboxes, and butterflies.  I was really surprised to have found 7 butterflies during our search.  Alex found two of them all by himself.  I was so proud of him.  He just pointed and screamed.  It's also amazing how easily entertained the kids are sometimes.  They loved it!

Afterwards, I broke down a few boxes in our garage and the kids happily played swords with the styrofoam and paper packaging.  Our timing was great too because the kids got a great view to see the garbage truck pick up the trash in our neighborhood.  They were awe struck.  Again, my kids are easily amused.  It was a good day...

 
Getting ready for our scavenger hunt
Shades... check.


Upside down as always

First find of the day, a leaf

Alex found a dandelion

Alex kept trying to blow dandelion seeds away

Amelia's attempt..

"Mommy, we are going by ourselves.  Stay right here.  Don't come.  We will be back but I won't go past Jordyn's mailbox."

 I usually let them play freely in our cul de sac, but they know they can't go further than our neighbors mailbox.

 Sword fight
 





No comments: