Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Frenzy

Fall officially starts today, but with the cooling temperatures, amazing breeze, and start of school,  it has felt like Fall for a few weeks now. 

Our Fall  schedule is well underway.  With Mimi's preschool three days a week, our schedule is much more structured.  Pick up and drop off times keeps us more limited.  Our new routine is hectic, but we have adjusted well.

Alex and Mimi continue their gymnastics classes once a week.  Although, since Mimi turned three, they can no longer be in the same class.  I also enrolled Alex in a Kindermusik class.  We go once a week while Mimi is in preschool.

This summer, I also joined a mom's group.  I was hesitant at first, but I knew a few nice moms in the group already, so decided to give it a try.  The new moms I've met have been so kind and it's refreshing to have so many opportunities for play dates with other cool moms during the week. 

I continue to volunteer with the hospital FRG.  We've got a lot of fun activities coming up along with our regular meetings, so I've definitely been keeping busy with that. 

Unfortunately, Jimmy's crazy work schedule has been affecting my ability to get to the gym.  Jimmy watches the kids, so I usually go in the evenings.  However, he's been getting home so late from work, that I've only been able to go once or twice a week.  I'm currently trying to work out childcare so I can go during the day.  However, finding time to squeeze that in might be difficult.

We are also looking forward to an upcoming visit from Jimmy's family in October.  Amelia has a trip to the zoo and pumpkin patch already planned for her cousins.  She has been talking about it everyday and is so excited for their visit.  She's been asking me every morning if we are going to the airport to get them. 

No comments: