After a 20+ year career in the Army and then a second career at the airport, my dad retired this summer. Fortunately, this gives him more time to travel! The kids immediately loved their Lolo (grandpa) from the moment we picked him up from the airport. I honestly think the frequent Face Timing and phone calls made a huge difference.
For weeks before my dad arrived, Amelia was already planning all the things she wanted to show her Lolo, like her toes, stamps, and tricycle. She even had a few activities planned. She insisted we take Lolo to Chuck E Cheese and the "orange" park.
My dad was happy to join us for our busy days. We visited Mimi's preschool and he met her teacher and friends. He happily tagged along for Kindermusik class, play dates with my mom's group, gymnastics classes, etc.
Lolo is also the best babysitter! I was able to have lunch with friends, spend some quality time with both Amelia and Alex alone, spend an afternoon with Jimmy, volunteer, and do some kid-free shopping.
It was a great visit and the kids got so attached. Amelia cried and cried when we had to drop him off at the airport. She sobbed, "Mommy, I don't like airports. Where is in Lolo? I need him right now. Where is he?" Later she asked, "Can we go to Washington? I don't like Tennessee." Now that she's older, these goodbyes are tough on her too. Ugh, it's heartbreaking.
Here are a few pics from our wonderful week with Lolo:










No comments:
Post a Comment