Jimmy and I went to a Whitman alumni event last weekend. Jimmy was excited to see that his old advisor, Professor Lynn Sharp was in DC hosting a lecture and lunch for Whitman Alumni. The lecture titled, "Legitimate Ferocity: Gauguin and Bourgeois France," was followed by lunch and a visit to the National Gallery to see Gauguin's work.
We had a good time and met some new people. The crowd was very interesting because most of the alumni graduated before we were even born! However, it was fun reminiscing about Whitman and our college days. The couple we sat with was also a Whitman couple, meaning both of them gradated from Whitman. I guess there's some crazy statistic that 50% or so of Whitties actually marry another Whittie.
It was funny because one of the organizers asked Jimmy and I how they could attract the younger alumni to the events... I just think it's funny because we are considered "young alumni" even though we graduated 10 years ago, ha ha ha.
Just a few days before our visit, a woman went to the gallery and tried to destroy this painting. She thought it was "evil" and "homosexual." She also said, "I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head." Can you say crazy? We were happy the painting was up and we were able to view it. During our visit, the painting had its own guard!
My favorite


No comments:
Post a Comment